The Boston Flower & Garden Show returns to the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston on Wednesday, March 13 through Sunday, March 17, 2013. The theme – Seeds of Change – will showcase how the region’s best green thumbs are fearlessly embracing new plants, methods and materials to increase the beauty, the bountiful harvest and the ecological friendliness of their gardens and outdoor spaces.
Set to the backdrop of spectacular garden displays by cutting-edge landscape professionals and area nurseries, the 2013 Boston Flower & Garden Show features hours of lectures and demonstrations by top garden writers, industry experts and creative local chefs, shop from a wide marketplace featuring thousands of plants and hundreds of the newest gardening products, and new special events designed to illustrate the changing landscape of gardening.
Seeds of Change Highlights:
- A Living Catalog: This year’s gardens feature examples of new plants, sustainable building materials and innovative earth-friendly techniques.
- Learn about the Birds & the Bees: Home chicken raising and beekeeping are fast-growing hobbies. We’re bringing in the experts to get you started.
- From Garden to Gourmet: Local chefs teach us how to grow, use and preserve produce and herbs for year round enjoyment and nutrition.
- Strut Your Stuff In Floral Competitions: The annual tradition continues as the Garden Club Federation of Massachusetts and the Massachusetts Horticultural Society coordinate colorful competitions amongst the region’s top amateur floral arrangers and horticulturists, all set to the show theme.
Package and coat check is available. There are a limited number of wheelchairs available on a first com
- See more at: http://www.bostonflowershow.com/welcome/#sthash.7ij44Hws.dpuf